Time for a Philly Cheese-Steak!

Just hanging out in the hotel room here in Philly about ready to do some more sightseeing before we head down to Citizens Bank Park for the Phillies game tonight...I get to see the Nationals for the second straight game....hooray! :-) I just had to check to make sure the Nationals are the worst team in the majors and I was right.....and I get to see them again in four days in Washington....awesome! LOL

We're in the middle of a record heatwave here in this area, so walking around to see all the sights today will be even more exercise....it's supposed to be 32 degrees today and then 34 tomorrow afternoon when we head to Baltimore....I'm not complaining at all.....Just didn't think I would see summer-like temperatures when we're still in April....I just wish I had a chance to bring my clubs and work on my non-existant golf game....

We took advantage of the beautiful weather by lying on the beach by the boardwalk in Atlantic City for a few hours yesterday....It was another one of those surreal times where I'm just sitting there on a 30 degree day just staring at the ocean and thinking to myself how crazy this trip really is....when hearing about the trip, people always say how awesome and crazy it is, but I guess I'm sooo out there myself that it doesn't really register to my brain....but then again a lot of things don't register to my brain.... :-) I got a little darker while Tony and Chris looked like tomatoes after a couple of hours of lying there...now they're dealing with sunburns and I'm prefectly fine.....I've never had a sunburn in my life, so I can't understand their pain....I'm pretty bad about that.... LOL

Afterwards, we grabbed some lunch at a cafe and we headed to Philly...all of us were so drained from the beach that when we went into downtown to do some bar-hopping, none of us really had the energy to do too much anymore...we ended up just sitting at a place called Fado and having a couple of drinks on a patio table on the sidewalk....

Having only walked around for a couple of hours, you can instantly tell that the city has a ton of history behind it and that there are a lot of historic stories to hear while walking around, so I'm looking forward to doing that today....we did get a chance to see City Hall at night and wow, it is quite the impressive building....won't see anything like that anywhere....

We're just looking at things we want to hit today and one of the things that we have to do before we go is have a Philly Cheese-Steak....I was telling someone today that with all the fatty food that I'm ingesting with the huge portions....I'm starting to get fat again.....I had done a great job of losing 30 pounds in 4 months before I left, but I'm sure that I'll put on at least half of those 30 pounds back by the time this trip is all said and done.....I'm looking forward to hitting the gym again once I get back to Ottawa....

Enough gym talk.....we're off for another day!