Howdy from Denver International Airport again....lol

Yup....second time this week that I've had a layover in Denver....this one has now been delayed for a second time...the first time was for heavy wind in the area and now there's a thunderstorm right over the airport, so it looks like I could be here for a while....I come back here for a third time next week, but at least I get a chance to stay for a couple of days to watch the Rockies....

I suppose I could have done the blog entry a lot sooner, but I wanted to get some redemption from a bad poker session online yesterday at one of the many Starbucks in Seattle....

Those who are poker players will understand the frustration in general of playing well and not getting rewarded for it....you just want to get back on that horse again as soon as possible, so that's what I've been doing for the last few hours.....I'm happy to say that I got over double my money back today with some good fortune....I can sleep soundly tonight....

Although after drinking 125 ounces of beer at the bar last night, I shouldn't have a problem with sleep tonight....it was just soooo dirt cheap though.....125 ounces of beer plus a thing of chicken wings cost me 30 dollars.....gotta love how cheap this country really is....it's no 86 cent beer in Pittsburgh, but it will do....

Yesterday was just another chill kind of day in Seattle where I didn't really get up to a whole lot.....ended up heading to a bar called Gameworks in downtown and pulled up a seat to have the Pens/Canes game on one TV, the Lakers/Nuggets game on another and the Memorial Cup on the third.....it's been 37 days since I left home and it's the first time since I left that I've been able to watch a Canadian sports channel....I had to explain to the other bar flys where Rimouski and Windsor were in Canada....lol

I've been wrestling all day with the idea of how to describe the locals of Seattle.....they seem to be much more pompous and arrogant than the people of Portland, but it's not the kind of arrogance that I'm used to.....

For example, in New York, Washington and other East Coast hot-spots, it becomes a case of "If you've got it, flaunt it..." So, you see a lot of higher-end cars and the like to show off status....in Seattle, it's almost the opposite.....it's about showing how "real" you are and how eco-friendly or worldly and how intelligent you are....it's fitting that the show "Frasier" was based out of that city....it's not so much about money, it's about intelligence and other inner qualities....I'm not sure which one I'm more offended with, but unlike Portland, Seattle is not a place in the Northwest that I would live in.....a couple of days was good enough for me thanks!

Well, the delay is not ending any time soon, so I'm just gonna find the airport bar and watch the Wings/Hawks and King James and the Cavs v. the Magic.... :-)