Washington/Pittsburgh Part 1

First off, I apologize for not being able to update yesterday, but we were running on a tight window of travel yesterday, then we hit a big accident in the Maryland area as we made our way to Pittsburgh....but I'll just do it in two parts today...
Our last day in Washington was a lot more low-key than the day before because we had seen all of the sights the day before, so we just hung around the hotel room for longer than usual and then headed over to the Smithsonian and National Air and Space Museum before heading to the Nationals game...

As I was saying on the show yesterday, Nationals Park is an OK park, but that's the big problem...a park that was built just a couple of years ago shouldn't be "just ok"....it should knock my socks off in one way or another....there's no real characteristic or quirk that you can point to and say, "Yep, that's Nationals Park"...it's just so generic....

Combine the total generic feeling of the park with an absolute terrible team and unfortunately, it was the worst experience that I've had on the trip so far...maybe I was a little spoiled with the fact that I saw so many great stadiums and games beforehand by going to Boston, the two new New York stadiums, Philly with its great fans and an amazing game and Baltimore with a great old-school stadium....

I wish I could describe it better for you, but it's basically a circular stadium (no crazy walls) with plastic seats....that's all I can come up with....lol....again, speaking to the generic feeling of it....

Had a chance to talk to a couple of the locals and ask them about the city itself....and they were good about answering questions....such as: Why did I see two First St. signs? The city is built into 4 quadrants with all street names repeated for each quadrant.....Also, how many people live in Washington itself? Apparently, nobody....everyone just comes in from outside....

So, the Nationals lost in only a way they can by giving up 5 in the ninth inning to lose 9-4 to the Cards....so it was off to meet the Farj downtown for a drink or two....

Went to a place called Harry's and just caught up on hockey since I really haven't had a chance to watch any games since I got to New York....I still can't believe the Sharks blew another first-round series....you can't blame the coach now....it's now proven that it's the core of the team that has to be looked at....now everyone is re-thinking whether San Jose really won the Thornton trade or not? Alright.....that was Washington....part 2 coming up.... :-)