I'm getting used to this e-mail business...

I got a couple of e-mails today that disagreed with what I had to say...I never want those people to think that I'm just ducking their e-mails by not mentioning them on the air...it's just a case that the show gets going and we sometimes can't get to them...

So, let me get to a couple of those from today:

1) From Chris

Hi Phil,

So my question to you is…you saw the guy on Laurier and Elgin….what did you do? Did you cheer? Or did you just stare at him? My point is did you start getting involved at that time with him, or did you just wait to see what would happen before moving on? You can’t get on the fans here about not getting involved without looking in the mirror first.

Good e-mail, but I'll give you a short answer, followed by a long answer...

Short Answer: I'm a Leafs fan... :-)

Long Answer:

I just kept walking and did stare at him, but as my short answer will tell you, I'm still a Leafs fan at heart. So I have no rooting interest in the Sens.

That being said, don't take those four words in the short answer and think that I have a vendetta against the Sens or that I wish them to lose as swiftly as possible. In actuality, I don't really care if Pittsburgh or Ottawa wins.

I'll just call it the way I see it and if you agree, that's good, and if you don't, that's alright too...just call or e-mail in and let me know why instead of just sitting on your hands...

2) From Evan

2 quick things for the show killer. Anyone who has played hockey will tell you a short side goal is a bad goal no matter the quality of the shot. Its not game 1 and 5 that are important its 1 and 4. Game 4 is by far the most important game in any 7 game series. thanks fellas

Answer: Sounds like I won't get you off the point about short-side goals if you're just willing to lump all of them together...not gonna try and get you off that point anymore...

As far as the Game importance is concerned, you can't just write in that Game 4 is the more important one and not give a reason or two to back up your argument...if you have a sound argument instead of just disagreeing with me in order to be a smart-ass, then I welcome your comments...

I think Game 5 is as important as Game 1 because one of two scnearios usually happens:

a) A team is down 3 games to 1 and the team facing deficit is in a must-win to save their season, or...
b) The series is tied at 2 and it really comes down a best of 3 with winner of Game 5 having the first chance to eliminate the other team in Game 6

3) From Roger

Rebound control is not "guessing" where the puck is. Rather (like Karelson's goal) is for Flurry to look right and left (where large openings are to the net). Looked like 3-4 seconds until Karelson danced in front of the net, picked up the loose puck and put it in (nearly stopped).

Answer: I know what rebound control is, but thank you for clarifying it for me and everyone else...

Problem with Karlsson's goal is that Fleury can't see where the puck is coming from because of a great screen from Mike Fisher...if he can't see where the puck is coming from, he certainly can't be asked to decide which side of the ice is going to kick the puck away to...

It wasn't 3-4 seconds after the rebound, it was at most a second, but it only seemed that long because he was so wide open with a wide-open cage to shoot into...

Like I said in the show, people expect way too much from goaltenders sometimes and last night was a perfect example with Marc-Andre Fleury...

Yes, he gave up the back-breaker to Ruutu to make it a 5-3 game and it's one that he would like to have back, but the other four goals have to do with defensive breakdowns that he has no control over...his D has to do a better job in front of him...

Another entry coming up later... :-)