Rob and Paul Callers

First of two posts today...gonna get away from the usual twitter format...

For those who missed the show this morning, we gave away two tickets to the Team 1200 Suite for Game 3 on Sunday night to the caller/e-mailer with the best take on the Sens/Pens series.

Two callers, Rob and Paul, really stood out, but not in a positive fashion...

Rob tried the 80's wrestling promo approach and tried to scream as loud as possible without really saying much of anything, sort of like this...



Then, right after, Paul came on with much less intensity, but a well-researched call...just never good to start a call with "I have 11 points to make..."

Of course, people listening in were quick to react and I did have a few favourite e-mails...

In no particular order:

1) From Ryan:

Hey Rob

Stop telling us you're gonna tell us something and tell us something!

And of course, Lee perks up with any over ambitious macho man-esque take.

Bottom line, I'll take a page from John Madden and make it plain and simple, we gotta score more goals than the other team to win. That's always been the issue in the past, putting the puck in the net.

Sens in 6.

2) From Mike:

Finally, the callers are bringing some energy and the typical sit on your hands fan are knocking them down. Get of the wagon and make room for the real fans. GO SENS GO and PRAISE ALFIE.

3) From Zeke (Mayor of Stittsville)...is he really the mayor? :-)

Are you guys kidding me? Listening to that wrestler and Mr. 11 points is brutal.. I'll give you one point. Pens in 4. Sorry, give the tickets to a homer but give me a break. This thing is over before it starts.

4) From Fred:

Lee, that Ric Flair take was really compelling. Thanks for keeping us up to date on the sport of wrestling. Phil, do us sport fans all a favour and punch Lee in the head. Thanks!

But I do have to put this out there...after the show ended, Paul e-mailed in to defend himself...here's Paul defense:

I wanted to scream and be loud but unfortunately my co-workers in the
cubicle farm next to me would probably throw ugly Maple leaf displays at
me.

I'll make a quick comment...I don't think people were necessarily all over you for a lack of volume or intensity...just try and turn 11 points into 3 succinct ones next time... :-)

Best E-Mails of the Day in a couple of hours...