I'm slacking again...

My apologies for not getting a daily blog up on a consistent basis over the last couple of weeks or so, but things have been so hectic for me. This includes the much-talked about move into a new condo, the purchase of a new 2010 Hyundai Elantra GL and then a whole bunch of decorating ideas thanks to my babe, Rosalie. So, things are definitely good on this end...we just have to get through the end of this week and then we’ll finally have a sense of normalcy.

A couple of non-hockey thoughts:

1) Holy freakin’ god! Stephen Strasburg is already a phenom! When most pitchers are making their major league debut, they’re just hoping to get through the first inning alive. The normal line for a pitcher in his first major league start goes something along the lines of: 4.1 IP, 4R, 6H, 2BB. All Strasburg did was go: 7 IP, 2R, 14K...Combine that with a guy that’s getting as much hype (if not more) in 2010 1st overall pick Bryce Harper and the future is looking good for the Nationals.

2) When talking about the Lakers, all we do is focus on how good Kobe and Pau Gasol are as a 1-2 threat...and the guy that everyone dismisses is Derek Fisher. But when it comes to the finals, the guy that comes up in the clutch moments that win championships is none other than Derek Fisher. Why do we keep making the same mistake of overlooking what this guy can offer to the Lakers over and over again? Score one for the players and Phil Jackson because they keep telling us throughout the regular season about how valuable Fisher is to the ball club and we dismiss them as just giving us “athlete-speak”

3) I just realized that I watched two-thirds of a Nationals vs. Pirates game in June...I think hell has officially frozen over. That would be like me taking time out of my day to make sure I watched the first two periods of the Islanders vs. Panthers in November or watching Golden State vs. New Jersey in February. Heck, I even PVR’d the game just in case I missed something.

4) Has anyone else been embarrassed in front of the guys after the recording reminder came up for a show that your girl chose? I had a lot of fun trying to explain to the boys about why “Ellen” was being recorded...

5) Now I’m really off-topic, but what the hell has happened to TLC? I used to be able to watch shows that took me step by step on how to remove a brain tumour...now all I can watch is reality shows about (in no particular order): small people, fat people, families with 8 kids or more, mall cops, cake makers, hoarders, etc...is this how people have chosen to be entertained? If that’s the case, please Lord, I beg of you, help us all!