Nick Foligno E-Mails

Sometimes we get going on a topic that’s so juicy that people are calling/e-mailing left, right and centre. We saw that this morning as everyone had a solid opinion on the Nick Foligno hit on Pat Dwyer. The problem is that we have such a limited time to get everyone’s opinion read or heard, so from time to time, I like to go through the various e-mails and pick my Top 5 of the ones that weren’t read on-air.

For those who were selected, I’ve cleaned up the grammar/spelling issues. I’m sure you don’t mind…

5) From Jason

Phil,

You’re not listening to Lee...he agrees there was nothing Foligno could do. We all agree. But the rule is no head shots...forget who should or who shouldn;t do what. It’s irrelevant. It’s against the rules. Forget possession of the puck. The NHL doesn’t care who gets the puck... no head shots. Period.

If suspended, Foligno will be a victim, but he can’t hit a guy in the head. Forget the “what should he do, what do you expect him to do”. It doesn’t matter

You can hit a guy in the head if you want possession? Come on!

4) From Ric

Hey guys,

I agree with Phil, but I understand you need the rules. There should be an amendment to the rule. You will notice now that the players are taking advantage of the rule. Just watch the people on the boards, keeping their backs to people. And players now are, like you said, "human torpedoes" trying to get into the zone, knowing they have "invisible force shields" crossing the "Red line" to get into the "Zone". People shouldn't be aiming for the head, but people need to quit twisting the rules.

3) From JT

Hey guys,

Lee, are you on crack?

The Foligno his was legit, and he definitely shouldn't be punished. There have been much worse hits, and when someone like Dwyer puts themselves in a compromising situation, they should be accountable. If you were put in a situation where you either get benched, or do your job, what are you going to do?

Smarten up man!

Way to go Phil!

2) From Chris

If I’m driving a car and someone steps in front of it and I hit them, would it not be called an accident? It’s the same with hockey. How can someone going 60 mph be expected to change his path at the very last second. An object in motion tends to want to stay in motion. Hands down, it was accidental.

1) From Dano

Phil,

You have been toppled from your pedestal in my mind!! I'm left here questioning all I once thought was good in the world.

Though, given the fact that I usually agree with you, I have re-examined the situation and given your perspective some more thought and I believe I have come up with a pretty good solution: penalize any player who skates bent over. Clearly that is everything wrong with this game and it’s not fair to have those delivering headshots feeling bad about themselves. Clearly it’s all the fault of the guys who skate hunched over, trying to play the puck!

Great show guys!