Happy New Year!

First off, Happy New Years! I hope you had a wonderful time last night and aren’t feeling too badly this morning after a good night of partying. I was reading an article that gave 5 tips on how to cure a hangover, so try and find these things if you’re in desperate need of help: Fruit, Carbs, Coffee, Liquids and most importantly, Electrolytes.

I’m sure a few of you were at a party where you didn’t really know a lot of people, so before the drinking really became a factor, you actually had to talk to people. The simple icebreaker would have been something like: What’s your New Year’s Resolution?/What are you wishing for in 2011? Even Rosalie and I had the conversation with each other last night.

I don’t really have any resolutions because I’ve never really believed in them. If you feel something is going wrong in your life or you need to change it up, why do you need an arbitrary day like January 1st to finally do something about it? As for wishes, I’m just hoping to get better every single day, make Sportscall better every single day and hope to reap the rewards of a lot of hard work. In the end, that’s all you really can ask for, isn’t it?

Of course with everything coming back to sports, I did have a few wishes for some teams and players that deserve a little bit of a better fate heading into the new calendar year. I also wish there were a few people in the sports world that would just go away, but who wants to start off the new year in a negative way? Well, maybe a certain co-host of mine, but we’ll let him be grumpy on his own.

I hope 2011 brings better fates for young and exciting teams stuck at the bottom of their respective leagues. Teams like the Edmonton Oilers and Detroit Lions have dynamic players that you want to see, but just haven’t put it all together yet. I hope that the following year is the pivotal year in the learning curve for both squads and we get to see them near the top rather than the bottom.

I’m also cheering for individual players to bust out and become the big superstars of their leagues. It’s always refreshing to see a changing of the guard and players making a name for themselves. Blake Griffin of the Los Angeles Clippers is doing it right now and Stephen Strasburg of the Washington Nationals was the talk of the summer before he was shut down until 2012 and forced into Tommy John surgery.

But most of all, I just wish that my favourite teams would actually win for a change. I amaze myself sometimes with the kind of patience I’ve shown for the Buffalo Bills, Toronto Maple Leafs and Seattle Mariners. If one of these teams can finish at 500 in 2011, I will say that the sports year will be a success. Good luck to you all in 2011 and thank you so much for supporting me in 2010. All the best!