Final Watson Story

I don't know why I'm so fascinated by a computer playing Jeopardy and succeeding. I guess it's the nerd in me coming out in full force, so my apologies to those who have been annoyed by it over the last three days. I assure you though that it's the last Watson mention. I can't guarantee though that I won't talk about Tom Watson, CJ Watson or Bubba Watson...

By the Associated Press


IBM supercomputer Watson took home the winning title on "Jeopardy!" Wednesday after beating TV quiz show champions Ken Jennings and Brad Rutter.

Watson won with an impressive lead of $77,147 after two exhibition matches.

Jennings racked up $24,000 while Rutter logged $21,600.

For crushing his rivals, Watson gets a total prize of $1 million, which IBM has said will go to the charities World Vision and World Community Grid.

The vanquished Jennings and Rutter get $300,000 and $200,000 respectively, half of which each said they would be donating to charities.

Jennings of Salt Lake City offered a sense of humor along with his final Jeopardy clue in Wednesday's show, writing, "I for one welcome our new computer overlords," alongside the correct response.