What an exciting day!

It really seems like such a small thing to worry about, but with all the discussions that I’ve had with everyone at the station and my “team” of friends that I look to for advice in my decision-making, we never really thought about what was going to be the first thing to show up in the new blog. Of course we want to get off to a good start. In the end, I thought that I should share some of my thoughts with you before getting into the good stuff.

First of all, I’m very excited about the new blog format that we’re going with. I started writing for the Team 1200 when I went on my amazing baseball trip back in April 2009. The nine weeks that I shared with everyone on a daily basis was fun and easy to do and the feedback I got made me even more excited to go out and explore every single day.

However, when I came back to Ottawa and reality, I was left with a blog that didn’t really have as much of a purpose anymore. I could write some pieces on the news of the sports world and add some wit/humour or emotion to the conversation, but it seemed so boring to me. In the back of my mind, I knew that I had lost the unique quality that comes with writing every single day.

Anyone with a computer and an internet connection can write about sports and make their opinions noticed. Some like myself are in an advantageous position because of the amount of help/support given to us by a company that is willing to promote our words to a larger audience, but it doesn’t make the content any more worthy than the other.

For the last year and a half, I’ve struggled with the idea of coming up with a unique format that doesn’t take up too much of my time and it would be something that grabs the attention of the audience throughout the work day. I finally took about a week to brainstorm a whole bunch of ideas before coming up with what we’re going to start today.

What we’ve come up with is a format that’s going to give you a ton of content, whether it be videos, interviews or articles based on what I think the Team 1200 listener would want to know or read about during their work day. Look for a new post to happen every hour between 9-5 to help you get through your work day and even posts on weekends if you’re just curled up on the couch and are looking for a quick read.

I want to thank everyone for all their patience as I’ve been very sporadic with my writing over the last couple of months, but with the re-launch, I’m more pumped than ever to have a forum to throw out content to you with a little bit of myself in each single post. Alright, enough of this emotional stuff…on to the fun stuff…