Crashing the Boston Marthon After-Party....

I'll get to that in a bit, but that was the highlight of the trip so far....lol

Anyways, got into Boston for the game yesterday morning and sure enough, the locals were nicely liquored up at 10 a.m. for the Patriots Day game....Fenway Park is an awesome place to be in! There were a few times during the game that I caught myself just thinking, "I can't believe that a kid from Ottawa is at Fenway Park on Marathon Monday watching the Red Sox"....

For a ballpark that's celebrating it's 97th anniversary, it's still holding up real well, although the seat I sat in looked as though it was from 1912....not the most comfortable seat in the place, but it did the trick....I also had a big pillar between me and my view of home plate, but so be it...






The game itself was a whitewash as the Red Sox destroyed the Orioles 12-1, but watching the traditions of a Red Sox game was enjoyable enough, whether it be the chant of "Yankees Suck!" during the anthem, or the chant of "Youk!" for Kevin Youkilis or the singing of Sweet Caroline at the end of the 8th inning....

After the game, I checked out several bars across from Fenway....went to the Boston Beer Works...everyone recommeded the Watermelon Beer, but it wasn't available until summer, so I had a "Little Rhoady" instead....not bad...

Checked out Cask 'n Flagon since it boasted about being the Number #2 sports bar in America....Once we walked in, we were trying to figure out why....it was alright, but nothing that would blow me away into thinking that it was the Number 2 bar in America....

The best place by far was "Game On!"....had two floors....the top one was for eating and the other was more of a club type atmosphere with a DJ pumping out the music....it was so odd to be in a club atmosphere at 6 o'clock on a Monday, but that's Marathon Monday for you....

Yorkie suggested going to "The Greatest Bar", so we decided to drive towards there....we parked a few blocks away from the place and were on our way there when I decided to make a detour for a market building just so I could use the bathroom.....After I was done, we were on our way out of the building when we heard a huge party going on in the upstairs part of the building, so we went to see what was happening....little did we know that we stumbled upon the Boston Marthon after-party...one of the security guys caught us and asked us where our tickets were....we told them that we didn't have them, but that we came down from Ottawa....they must have just assumed that we were running, so they stamped our hands and we were in....lol


Let's just say I have a pounding headache today and we have a 4 hour drive ahead of us as we head to New York for the next stop.....