Let's go Yankees!

I'm sitting in the middle of a lobby in Flushing, NY getting ready to head down to the Bronx to see the Yankees take on Oakland this afternoon....the forecast calls for scattered showers throughout the afternoon, so it looks like it will be hit or miss as to whether the game goes down today or not....let's hope it does because if not, I don't really have a backup plan and I will have only seen 29 stadiums....lol

As for my travels yesterday, it was a little slow getting out of bed after crashing the Boston Marathon after-party, but we finally got on the road around noon....

We had some lunch at a place called FuddRuckers and it was your typical American kind of diner-type place....the portions were huge and the prices were economical....you could buy a 1/3 pound, 1/2 pound, 2/3 pound and 1 pound burger with the 1 pound only costing 8 bucks! Maybe I just have a smaller appetite, but I don't need a pound of meat to start my day....so I went the smallest possible...a 1/3 pound with Fudd Fries and a Coke for 5 dollars.....I just love saying the name FuddRuckers and Fudd Fries....I'm going to start asking for Fudd Fries wherever I go....

We then went around the Harvard campus and it is incredible....such a beautiful campus with so much history....I guess I would be a little proud of myself too if I went to a university as nice as that one...

Then we drove to New York itself....about 12 dollars in tolls later, we made it to our final destination of Flushing, NY (a.k.a. Chinatown)....we picked here since it was cheap and it's only a 10 minute walk to Citifield where we'll be on Friday to see the Mets game....

We walked around Chinatown for a few hours last night....it's just an incredible place to be....so much going on....there's sooooo much signage....I'll try to get a picture for you guys for tomorrow, but for every building, there's four signs at least...confusing as all hell if you don't know where you're going....

We ended up heading to one of seemingly 1000 asian restaurants here and it was the best Chinese food I've ever had.....I had so much food that I passed out at 11 last night and got up at 8:30 this morning....

So, not the most exciting day of the trip, but after the night out in Boston, my body needed a rest day anyways....

Alright, time to get my complementary breakfast and then off to the Bronx! :-)