I'm soooo tired today....

After we vowed that it wouldn’t be another long night, it ended up being an even longer night in NYC, but it was unbelievably fun....I’ll get to that in a bit...

We didn’t get up until about noon and we decided it was going to be a day of walking around the lower end of Manhattan...got a chance to walk around Madison Square Garden, the World Trade Center site, Wall Street, Statue of Liberty and several beautiful parks...everything is sooo beautiful

After I talked to the guys at 5, we had a late lunch at Uncle Jimmy’s BBQ just across the street from Madison Square Garden....we ended up talking to the waitress who asked us to come out with her later that night to a place called the Cake Shop in the Lower East Side...

We walked around Chinatown and Little Italy a little bit before we ended up at the place...it was a college dive bar and the worst part was that she wasn’t even there! Grrrrr....but Tony ended up talking to another girl who told us to follow her and her friend to a place called Pianos...

Another NYU campus bar, but it was such an odd place because there were three places to go dance in....the first was regular club music and was pretty full, the second was hard techno music and no one was in there, but the most popular by far was the room where they played nothing but 60’s and 70’s music....I can’t say that I’ve ever went to a club in Ottawa and did the Twist with Chubby Checker in the background....hahaha

We ended up following the girls to a place further up the street....I can’t remember what the name is but it was the grungiest bar I’ve ever been to, by far! The best example I can think to describe its grunginess is when Chris asked the bartender where the bathroom was....she points to a room that says “Keep out A**holes!” and says “Enter at your own risk...” There was graffiti all over the walls and the place looked like it hadn’t been cleaned in years....

Last call here was 3:45 in the morning! Unbelievable! And that’s only for a Thursday night....apparently Friday and Saturday nights here are even crazier...Like yesterday, we vowed to take it easy today, but I’m assuming that since it’s a Friday night and it’s our last night here, I think it will be another long night, but I’m going with the mantra of “Go With the Flow” at this point....I’m not going to try and force everything and plan out every single minute of the day...

The Mets are playing the Nationals tonight, so it’s not the most exciting game in the world, but we get a chance to see Johan Santana pitch, so that’s something I’m looking forward to....pretty good luck that I got to see a Yankees game with C.C. pitching and then Johan tonight....

Tony is looking at going to a club here later and tonight is “No Pants Friday” where you get free admission if you take your pants off....hahaha....I think I’ll pass and try and find something else
after the Mets game....

It’s a beautiful day and it’s our last day in New York. The only thing we haven’t done is check out Central Park, so we’re gonna do that today and then come back for the Mets game at 7....but we’re all in agreement that we’re gonna miss this city....