What a day in New York City!

Just one of those days in life that you will never forget....so much that we saw and did yesterday that it’s going to be hard to put it into one entry and not have it be long, but I’ll see what I can do...

We took the 7 train from our spot in Flushing to Times Square and immediately hit sensory overload.....just so much advertising and so many lights hitting me at one time....and the amount of people crammed into one spot is just incredible....

We walked from Times Square to Central Station and took a bunch of pictures....what a glorious building to be able to just walk through.....I caught myself a couple of times just staring aimlessly up towards the ceiling just before bumping into people....I guess the locals get used to it after a while, but words just can’t describe the beauty of this place....

From there, we took the 4 train to Yankee Stadium....The new stadium is directly across the street from the old stadium and they both look virtually the same, with the exception of course that the new one has not had to endure decades of decay, but I get the sense that when the old stadium opened so many years ago, it had the same kind of lustre and look as the new one has right now....I think I remember reading that the building cost close to a billion dollars to build and judging from all the attention to detail, I wouldn’t doubt it for a second....From the three big HD big-screens in centre field to the movie-theatre style seats in the lower levels, the stadium just has spent money written all over it....

I sat with the bleacher creatures in right field yesterday, so I got to be a part of the tradition of acknowledging the 7 fielders by chanting each person’s name in the first inning....for those who don’t know the tradition, the right-field bleacher bums chant the name of a fielder until they are acknowledged by said player, and then they move on to the next....so it started with John-ny Da-mon! Then he saluted the crowd....he was followed by Melky! And he saluted and so on....Nick Swisher is the right-fielder and is unbelievably popular with the fans already because he interacts with them during the game....Throughout the game, I could hear chants of Swisha or Atta boy, Swish!

During the game, we met a couple nice young ladies who helped to give out suggestions on where to go after the game....The highlight though was when they asked about Canada and whether or not we were seal-clubbers....they weren’t joking either....hahahaha

The game went 14 innings before Melky Cabrera hit a walk-off two-run homer....the game lasted 5 hours....so we ended up at the ESPNZone in Times Square after the game....pretty cool place, but there’s almost too many TV’s for me to focus on....it’s another example of sensory overload....I guess I would get used to it after a while, but Times Square is just a zoo....

Then we hit a couple of bars....one called “Muldoon’s”, a nice small Irish pub where they had someone singing drinking songs all night....pretty fun bar, but I wish I knew the words to the songs like everyone else....then we hit a place called “The Perfect Pour”...it looked a little swanky considering we were all in hoodies, but one of the waitresses told us to go to the rooftop if we were worried about being underdressed....we went up and sat outside on the roof-top patio which was on the fourth floor....it was one of those times on the trip where I reflect about where I am....at one point, all I could say to myself was, “I can’t believe I’m sitting on a rooftop having a drink in New York City”....

Luckily, the trains run 24 hours a day here ‘cause we didn’t get back until 4 a.m.
In all, we hit up Central Station, Times Square, Radio City Music Hall, Rockefeller Center, Empire State Building and probably a couple other things that I just can’t remember...Today, we’re gonna go to the World Trade Centre site and the Statue of Liberty (you know, that big statue in New York City.....lol)