I've found something I like at Starbucks!

Sitting at a Starbucks just outside my hotel room in Portland since my internet connection is really sketchy there, so naturally, I felt obligated to buy something.....this Frappuccino Coffee Milk Drink is actually really good.....I pretty much chugged it and now my body wants another one....hahaha

So another corporation has sunk their claws into me.....all I need to do is get myself a Crackberry and started tweeting on twitter and my life is then completely taken over....I feel dirty just having used the word "tweet"....it's the same feeling that I get when I hear anybody use the phrase, "It is what it is...." WHAT DOES THAT EVEN MEAN?!?!

Wow....the caffeine must be getting to me....

Anyways, Portland is such a beautiful city....it's got a small-town charm to it and it's just so clean and well-kept....when I go to every city, I wonder to myself if the city is somewhere I would pack up and move to....this is one that I would have no problem moving to....

The light rail system is something to behold as well.....perfectly integrated into the city and the outlying areas and the best part, there's a 10-15 block radius in the downtown area that they call the "free zone", so as long as you start and finish your trip within this free zone, you can ride the train for free....and yet, we can't seem to figure out this kind of system in Ottawa....hmmmm

However, the cleanliness and friendliness has attracted a large amount of homeless people to hang around, so I could see that getting old fast for the locals....I know for myself that it was getting old quickly after being asked for change about 3 times in a 4 block radius....that's one thing I'm not looking forward to when I head back to living in downtown Ottawa....

I'm glad the city was as nice as it was 'cause I really wasn't in the mood to deal with any sort of garbage after flying all day yesterday and going through a couple of time zones....my body was just so out of whack....it didn't know what time it was....I was watching the Carolina/Pittsburgh game at 5 in the afternoon at a bar....my brain had no idea what was happening....especially as the night wore on and the people at the bar were buying me drinks since they loved the idea of the trip and the fact that I was from Canada..... :-)

So, I'm gonna do the whole walking tour of Portland today and then back to the bar to watch the Chicago/Detroit game....it's off to Seattle tomorrow for a couple of days with the Mariners game tomorrow night....after that game, I will have hit 15 out of 30 stadiums....pretty crazy when I think about it....

Cheers from the Rose City!