Only 10 stadiums to go!

Just sitting in the hotel room in Phoenix and it's just hit me that I only have three weeks to go and have 10 stadiums to explore....well, technically 9 since I've been to Rogers Centre a few times, most recently for the World Baseball Classic in March, but I'll still see the Jays in a week and a half.....just incredible that I'm into Day 44 of the trip and I still have 20 to go....

We'll hit stadium number 21 tonight as the Diamondbacks take on the Braves at Chase Field....this is one of the stadiums that I've been looking forward to as well because I've heard nothing but good about this place, but for someone in Ottawa, you have to be a pretty big baseball fan to see what the stadium is like....

First off, you need to be a baseball fan in the first place....then you need to subscribe to the MLB package....then you need to stay up until 10 o'clock in order to see the start of the game....that's asking a lot for anyone in Ottawa to watch an Arizona Diamondbacks game....so I have a vague picture in my head of what the stadium is like, but it will be nice to see what it's actually like when I get there....Game time is at 6:40 tonight....kind of an odd choice for a time, but that will probably allow me to see the end of the Lakers/Nuggets Game 6 tonight....

I do have one wish for the game.....They better have the roof closed 'cause it is disgustingly hot! It's only going to be 102 degrees today, which equates to 39 degrees celsius.....ridiculous! And it's not like it's a heatwave here.....this is what is every day....managed to see a 7-day forecast for the area on TV this morning....the lowest it got was 99 and the highest was 104...But as everyone says, it's a dry heat....lol

The funny thing is that the taxi driver who drove me to the hotel yesterday actually lived in Ottawa for a couple of years when he immigrated to there from Somalia, but after a couple of harsh winters, he said he had enough and wanted to go somewhere in North America that mimcked the weather he was used to, so he moved here instead....during winter, it's pretty common for people in Canada to say that they should move down South to get away from winters, but most people just grin and bear it, but this guy actually did it.....good for him if he likes the heat, I suppose....

After tonight, it's off to Denver tomorrow for the rest of the weekend, and then I'm flying to Minneapolis on Monday to meet my roommate and stay in Minnesota for three days as we head into June....