We have a new Number 1!

This city has such a great vibe to it, but alas, I gotta keep going, so I have a busy day ahead of me....a three hour bus ride to downtown Los Angeles, followed by some lunch and the Dodgers game, then it's back on a bus to head to Anaheim and the hotel....

I really wish that I could have spent some time in Los Angeles, but because I'm travelling alone, the issue becomes storage of all my belongings....since I'm gone for 64 days, I had to pack quite a bit and it's just simply not feasible for me to drag all that stuff around, so I'll just have to plan a trip back to California for another time.... :-)

Spent another day sightseeing yesterday....walked around the harborfront and got a look at all the big ships and other boats out on the water...I like how the city has made it a point to keep their harborfront and boardwalk as clean as they have....I've walked around some other cities with boardwalks over the last month or so and some of them were just simply unkept...

In San Diego, I've found as well that if you want to do anything, you ultimately end up in the Gaslamp quarter, so I found myself back there again before the ball game....met a great group of brothers visiting from L.A., so much like the night before, they invited me to have a couple of beers and we shared stories about each others area's.....The population seems to be pretentious, but it's hard to make that statement completely when in two days, I've had two different groups of people from here just invite me to hang with them....

The thing that gets me is that the weather is perfect every day...I decided to look up the history of the weather for the year here and it never gets too hot and it doesn't get cold....very much to my liking!

Ah yes, I guess I should talk about Petco Park....what a great ballpark! It's now my favourite place out of 16....the great thing about it is that the designers did an amazing job of integrating the downtown area with the park itself....for example, one of the old brick office buildings acts as a place to watch the game from left field, has the left-field foul pole attached to it and acts sort of like a wall...

In center field, you have the bleachers section with a big sandbox for the kids and you can also watch the game from a big hill past the bleachers....from the right-field stands, if you're high enough, you can see a view of the ocean....

There's enough modern amenities and the dimensions of the stadium are traditional enough as well....but maybe the biggest thing it has going is that it's outdoors....Minute Maid is as well, but the breeze of the ocean is something that Houston just can't compete with....

So, the new list as of today is:

1) Petco Park - San Diego
2) Minute Maid Park - Houston
3) Camden Yards - Baltimore
4) The New K (Kaufmann Stadium) - Kansas City
5) The Ballpark in Arlington - Texas
6) PNC Park - Pittsburgh
7) Citi Field (New Mets Stadium)
8) Fenway Park - Boston
9) Yankee Stadium
10) Citizens Bank Park - Philadelphia
11) Busch Stadium - St. Louis
12) Safeco Field - Seattle
13) Turner Field - Atlanta
14) Tropicana Field - Tampa
15) Nationals Park - Washington
16) Dolphins Stadium - Miami