Cleveland Rocks! Yeah....I know, a 0 for originality....

Apologies for the lateness of the entry, but I'm a little worried that I'm coming down with something as we get towards the end of the trip, so I tried to rest as much as possible....Just hanging out now in Covington, Kentucky....only about a 5 minute drive outside of Cincinnati....the city of Cincinnati just happens to be right on the state border with Kentucky and The Great American Ball Park is right across the bridge....

I'm actually surprised that except for the two days I felt like absolute garbage in Houston and Dallas, I've been lucky enough to stay clear of any sort of health problems.....this despite all the travel that I've done....I don't even know how many cities I've been to anymore....that should be another blog entry just to figure it all out....I'm sort of curious now....

Had a place in downtown Cleveland, so I was in the middle of everything there is to offer here....after getting in just about 3 a.m. on Sunday morning, I slept in 'til about noon yesterday and then just couldn't wake up all day....

I finally made my way over to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and had a great time just checking the place out.....it has a little bit of special meaning for me as well from my days back in college....Iain Barrie was a professor of mine in radio broadcasting and one of the classes we had was based around the history of music....we learned all about the different styles of music and how each genre of music took from other styles that proceeded it, but he would always mention the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, so I just messaged him and let him know that I was thinking of him when I walked around yesterday....

You would never know it if you're not on the inside of the radio business, but a number of the personalities on Ottawa radio were trained by Iain Barrie and Don Crockford at Algonquin College and I owe a lot of my early success to them, so this is my public way of acknowledging how much they helped me in the two years I was there.... :-)

You have certain ideas of how a city is going to be and I heard nothing but bad things about Cleveland, but I was pleasantly surprised....it reminds me of a lot of the metroplitan cities in the midwest....a small downtown area with a lot of suburbs, so seeing all that there is to offer in the downtown was very easy....I may have missed the bad areas, but the areas that I walked around had nothing wrong and I would go back to Cleveland anytime....

The city also has a great mix of modern-day architecture with old-school buildings from the early part of the century....reminds me quite a bit of downtown Philadelphia, but not as many important older buildings obviously....

Alright, I'll update you on Progressive Field in the next entry and then a full itinerary of my trip for the entry after that.....It still hasn't hit me yet that I'm at the last stop..... :-)