Heatley trade talk is making me crazy!

Just for reference, I'm with all of you when it comes to feeling nothing but disgust for Heatley's actions...It seemed to come out of nowhere and has shaken all Sens fans to leave them with a feeling of uneasiness, which is unfair since they finished the year off with promise under Cory Clouston...

However, I disagree with a lot of you on just how much value Heatley will fetch from other teams....there have been many reports from various sources talking about different offers from teams, but I shake my head at all of them because I just don't see teams lining up to bid on his services and fighting with each other to get his services....

There are still the very few of you that expect or are looking for Bryan Murray to be able to get equal value for him.....well, for those of you in this category, please let me know what I need to do to get entrance into your fantasy world....I was living in a fantasy world by going away for a couple of months, but now I'm back to reality, and the real world says equal value is not happening....

So, the trade offers that were being thrown around on the afternoon show today like Heatley for Dion Phaneuf or Heatley for Alexander Frolov and Drew Doughty is just nonsense....I'm not even going to go into the reasons that either would happen....Unless you're one of these people in this category, I give you way than enough credit for you to figure out why it won't happen....

There are the majority of people that think that they can use Heatley as a way to re-tool and pick up multiple prospects and players....and this is where I disagree with the majority....If I were an opposing GM, simply put, why would I give up mulitple players and/or picks for a player with a huge price tag and a shaky attitude?

It's not even about the price tag because the type of production that he's offered for the price tag has still been close to favourable (not worth the contract, don't get me wrong), but how does a GM know that he's not going to disrupt the chemistry of the locker room or even ask for a trade after a couple of years for another various reason?

Unfortunately for Dany, he's putting himself in a bad situation where teams now have to ask, "Is he worth the headache?" and is getting closer to the value of a Sean Avery more than a 50-goal scorer deserves....If a GM has to ask himself that question, where does that leave Bryan Murray to try and convince a fellow GM to take him off his hands?

It's too bad that Heatley will ultimately get what he wants and the team and the fans will ultimately suffer because it was the player that gave up on the team and not the other way around....the Sens will lose a top-notch player and get nothing in return....I would be shocked to see any of these offers that are being thrown about....I expect to see nothing but salary dumps and picks....does that make the team any better? Nope