More golf on a Monday morning....

Had a great time on Saturday night at Fat Tuesday's for Matty K's birthday (Matty K = Matt Kaunisviita) as a huge group of us sang to our hearts content with the dueling pianos....not sure how good my singing would have been after putting down a six-pack to myself, but at that point, who really cares? LOL....Let's just say that you know the night was good when the headache goes away in the late afternoon....

Just weird to be up at 9 a.m. on a Monday morning and have the final round of the U.S. Open to watch....it would normally just be the highlight loop on both TSN and Sportsnet....but for a number of reasons, I'm just not as pumped about watching this as I normally would....

The weather affected the tournament so much, especially in the first couple of days that it gave half the field an insurmountable advantage that the other half of the field was never going to make up.....This has allowed for the top of the leaderboard to be littered with unknowns and a couple of the top players mixed in....

Normally, if you were watching a major and Ricky Barnes and Lucas Glover were on top of the leaderboard, you would at least root for the underdogs to compete well against the big boys, but I just can't shake the feeling that they don't deserve to be there because of the fortune of the draw....I know I'm wrong because they still had to post those rounds in order to put themselves into that position, but my mind just can't give them full credit....

Maybe I'm just the only one thinking this, but sadly, it's almost to the point that I wouldn't mind if the winner of the tournament had an asterix beside his name in the record books so that for future reference, it won't be forgotten how much the weather affected the outcome of the tournament....

Read the article on the Ottawa Sun website today talking about Brent Sutter coming back to Calgary to coach for older brother Darryl and how people will question the character of Brent for leaving before his contract was up.....

I think a lot of people can understand that he wants to be at home and help out his brother, but I just get the sense that everyday, working-class people are sick and tired of people in the sports business not being able to honour an agreement for very big money...To be fair, everyday people leave jobs for various reasons all the time, but the main difference again is the money....most working-class people just can't understand how someone making millions could be unhappy....but as the ol' saying goes, there's more to life than money....

Must-read of the day.....great piece by Jack Todd on ottawacitizen.com today about the sale of the Habs to the Molson group and how favourable that will be to the franchise and the city of Montreal....

http://www.ottawacitizen.com/sports/Sale+ease+suffering+Habs+faithful/1719516/story.html

Today is my first official day back at work, so I almost feel like having a temper-tantrum like this....almost, but I'll hold my feelings in....maybe this kid should have as well....

http://www.iheartchaos.com/content/kid-has-ultimate-tantrum-after-his-mom-cancels-his-wow-subscription-stupid