On the south side of Chicago....

Getting ready for the White Sox game tonight against Detroit tonight at US Cellular Field....unfortunately, this might be the second-coldest day of the trip so far....

The only day that was colder was Marathon Monday in Boston on April 20th when I was just freezing watching the Red Sox and Orioles....but that was almost two months ago! We're into June now, but it's just an absoultely dreary day today....I'm assuming that I'm gonna be sitting through at least one rain delay today before the game is over....

Now that I think about it, it's pretty incredible to think where I've been and what I've done in the short time between today and that first game in Boston....just walking around the Grant Park area here in Chicago today, I couldn't help but think about where I was making those same kind of walks over the last few weeks....

I was hoping that I could see the White Sox game tomorrow night because Game 6 of the Stanley Cup Finals goes tonight as does Game 3 of the NBA Finals, but I'm way more excited about the hockey as you would expect....as I wrote a couple days ago, I'm assuming that the Wings are going to finish off the Penguins tonight and they'll be skating around with the cup in Pittsburgh for a second straight year....

I just love watching the Cup being paraded around the rink at the end of the series for so many reasons....First off, the raw emotion from the winners chokes up just about everyone that watches....The fact that they went through 82 games of a regular season followed by two more months of cut-throat hockey....the sacrifices that they made to get to the ultimate prize all goes away for those players when they skate around with the cup for the 30 seconds they get....

Also, for fans of the Wings, it's culminates in a season of ups and downs....from going to bed smiling after a last-minute winner or screaming in disgust after a bad penalty call costs the team a loss....it's a time for them to celebrate as well.....for fans of every other team, it means the end of a long season and the official first time that you can actually think of what could be next year....

It also represents the official start to summer for most Canadians....In a way, we'll be glad to get away from the game to just give ourselves a mental break, but give it only a couple of days before we start talking about the draft in Montreal at the end of the month....

So, only 9 days to go.....White Sox game tonight, then I think I'll head to Milwaukee tomorrow for the Brewers game on Thursday afternoon, then back to Chicago for the Cubs game on Saturday afternoon.....I'm staying on the south side for now, but when I get back, I'll stay on the Magnificent Mile so I get as good of a Cubs experience as I can get....