That's it! I'm back into Fantasy Sports again....

It's only a couple of weeks from now and we're already into September.....I'm sure that I'm in the same boat as a lot of you.....you're starting to get the calls or the e-mails to be in various NFL pools for another upcoming season and there's the small portion of you that have already gameplanned how you're gonna win the league this year....

That's cool and I must admit, I used to be one of those people who not only would get the calls and e-mails, but I would planning on how I was going to make this year the year that I finally break through and win my various leagues....I figure that I had the knowledge, so I should have a leg-up on most people....

The problem came with the fact that there's a massive amount of luck that comes with winning a fantasy league....you could have all the knowledge in the world and you can prepare yourself for every scenario imaginable, but sometimes, you can't avoid the situations like Plaxico Burress shooting himself in the leg at a nightclub or Tom Brady injuring himself in the first quarter of the first game and missing the rest of the season....

So many times, I would research my brains out, and yet, I would find myself in the situation of being on the receiving end of terrible luck....the first time it happened, it was just a shrug of the shoulders.....the second time, I started to get a little annoyed......and the third and fourth and fifth time, I just got more and more annoyed....

I guess I've always been one to be pretty lucky when it comes to things in life, such as having a chance to be in sports media and get paid to do it or finding myself surrounded by great friends and family like I am right now, but when it came to anything to do with fantasy sports, my luck was nowhere to be found....

I was jaded and became pretty sour after yet another season filled with bad luck.....it got to the point that I was seriously considering not entering myself in any fantasy leagues or pools this year, but as the invites come in and the commercials start to play on the NFL Network and the various pre-season broadcasts.....I've been convinced to go at it again for another year....

The only difference is that I'm gonna share my thoughts with you this year as I go through the ups and downs of any fantasy team....and it won't be just for football 'cause I plan on signing up for some hockey leagues as well and even some NBA basketball.....I'll have a little bit for everyone....

Heck, I'm even in a NASCAR fantasy pool, but I'm at the bottom because the season started before I went on the 9 week trip for all the baseball stadiums.....and in that nine weeks, I forgot to pick my drivers for the week, so of course, I found myself at the bottom of the standings once I got back to check.....lol.....ah well, only 20 bucks.....who cares....

As most of you know as well, I like to dabble in some sports wagering as well, so I'll also be putting up some of my picks from here on in....and just to warn you, I'll give you picks for sports that you probably have no interest in, but to me, I have knowledge of all sports and I just like the idea of making money, so I'm not immune to betting on tennis or soccer or any other fringe betting sport....

Anyways, here's my favourite selection of the day for Tuesday (odds presented by our good friends at bet365)

Ana Ivanovic to beat Magdalena Rybarikova in straight sets (-150)

A former number one in the world only has to win in straight sets against someone ranked 46th in the world that I've never heard of and I get a return of 67 cents on the dollar....I'll take that.... :-)