Why is it soooo cold?!?!?

Why am I up so early on a Saturday morning? Oh yeah, I know why....I couldn't really enjoy a summer night in Ottawa since I forgot to bring my parka and gloves....it's just not cool that I would have to blow my hands for heat on August 7th......so I got a chance to turn in early last night....

Went on Sparks St. last night as I tried to sit on a patio and have a couple of Coronas and smoke some shisha from the hookah pipe.....Shisha is not a big thing in Ottawa, but I learned to appreciate it when I lived a year in Montreal, so I love going when the Sparks St. patios are open in the summer....if you don't know what shisha is, here's a quick lesson....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hookah

Sooooo, before I went to bed, I opened up the lapper to check out the scores only to find that the Red Sox/Yankees were still scoreless in the bottom of the 14th.....WHERE IS THE REMOTE?!?! Thank the lord for the MLB Package.....What an atmosphere that must have been as quite a few were still there to see A-Rod pound a no-doubter out of the yard to win 2-0 in 15 innings.....

Luckily, I can watch a game like this and not really care who wins....I think that allowed me to smile just a little bit for a guy that has received so much flack in the short time that he's been with the Yankees.....for that 1 minute when he hit the bomb, trotted around the bases and jumped at home plate with his teammates, A-Rod was loved in New York....

Anyways, so the plan for the day is to get 9 holes in somewhere since I haven't swung a golf club in forever....like I've said before and not to toot my horn 'cause other people have said this, I probably have the athletic ability to play golf at a higher level, but I just don't care enough about the game to put the work in to get better.....golf to me is more of a timeburglar than it's worth...

Should I go for some lessons? Maybe....Am I going to get any? Probably not.....I'm stubborn when it comes to paying for lessons for anything....I've always become good at something through trial and error, making mistakes over and over, then adjusting....It's probably a much more frustrating way of doing things, but it seems more rewarding....

After golf, it's off to Dirty's (Dan Legroux - co-host of The Late Crew) for some BBQ and watching UFC 101.....There's gonna be a bunch of us there.....Whenever we get together for UFC, it always reminds me of when I was younger and you would get together with friends and one of the parents would order the wrestling PPV for us....

We've grown up, priorities have changed.....guys are getting married, talking about relationship problems or making career changes instead of who our biggest crush is and counting down the days until the next big video game is coming out, but at the end of the day, the reason we're all getting together is based around two people fighting.....but much like we've grown up, the fighting has grown up as well from fake to real.....

Anyways, there's only two big fights on the card tonight with BJ Penn taking on Kenny Florian for the UFC lightweight title and Anderson Silva taking on Forrest Griffin in a fight at 205....a top-heavy card with a lot of up-and-comers on the undercard....but the aggressive Philly faithful should be able to appreciate anyone fighting...

Quickly, my picks for tonight....

Penn over Florian by submission in the 4th round
- Penn has too much overall skill for Florian, who looks like someone who will wilt under the pressure when he faces the elite.....

Silva over Griffin by ground and pound in the 3rd round
- Silva is a massive favourite with the books in Vegas....Griffin has the attacking style that fans love, but the problem is that it's tailor-made for Silva's counter-puncher style....I can see that this gets to the ground....Silva overwhelms Griffin with technique and pounds him out for the win

Have a great Saturday! :-)