Everything is sore right now!

Ow Ow Ow Ow! My legs, my chest and everything else is pretty sore after my first 10k run in a couple of weeks....Everyone knows me as a gym rat during my spare time, but having the flu this week really hurt me since I was out of commission from doing anything for three days....so today was my first day of exercise in over a week....

Went for a run along the canal with Rosalie....started at Parliament and went to the Bronson St. Bridge and then back again.....she was on rollerblades, so she kept the pace up pretty high....then she caught me checking out a fellow jogger up ahead, so she decided to put the pace up so that I was just about sprinting....

I tried to pretend like it wasn't bothering me and managed to stick with her for about 2 minutes, but I eventually broke and was just dragging for the rest of the run....she skated ahead and left me to struggle all the way 'til the last half km....she was waiting there with arms crossed and says, "I figured I would give you a chance to check me out too...." Point taken.... :-)

Now I'm just resting at home taking in Miami at Florida St. right now....thank the lord for the college football package or else I would be stuck watching repeats of pre-season NFL football in order to get my football fix....I guess I could be watching Calgary/Edmonton, but that's gonna be a "no dice"....

All and all, it was a pretty quiet weekend for me....as I wrote you guys on Friday, I took in the 67's game against Gatineau on Friday night, but wasn't able to make the rematch at the Bob on Sunday night since I decided to play some poker with the boys....something I hadn't really done in a while....

I managed to break even on the night....I was just having more fun chatting with the guys and I wasn't really paying attention to the game....the final hand of the night, I just push all-in with pocket 5's and get called by k-8....flop: k-8-8....yikes! That will do and I'll just call it a night right there so I could go grab a drink somewhere....

I also took a quick roadie to Kingston on Saturday afternoon just to help out a friend with transporting something back to Ottawa....I hadn't been there to party in a handful of years, but just driving down Princess St. and seeing places like Stages and MyBar....I feel like heading back there again real soon and wrapping up the night with a great poutine from Bubba's.... :-)

Big day for the Team 1200 tomorrow as we start the new year of the Healthy Scratches with Lloydie and Yorkie....as much as I loved the idea of really doing nothing since April, it will be a nice change to actually have some work to do and help put together a great show for you guys tomorrow afternoon....

It's also the return of the "Original" TGOR as J.R. makes his return to the Team 1200 airwaves.....as per my personal policy, I don't wake up during the hours of the morning show if I don't have to, so I probably won't hear any of it....but I'm sure it won't take long for the great chemsitry to come back between the 3 guys....some of the saved clips we have are just pure gold!

Having worked with J.R. and Garry Galley for two years, I can tell you that it's a great get for the station to have J.R. back with us.....He's got a great ability to be all things to everyone....be the hardline sports guy, the entertainer and the guy to get your emotions up as well on things local....So, tune in tomorrow morning and check it out....and then make sure to check us out in the afternoon as well... :-)