Blogging During the Show

First time I've tried blogging as the show goes along, but I finally have a chance to catch my breath a little bit and get a break in the day to get a chance to talk to you guys....I didn't realize how much time we would take before the show to just catch up, tell some stories about the summer and have a couple of laughs before we get our first show in the books....so I didn't get a chance to get everything done that I wanted today.....

First off, gotta say that it's great to have Lloydie and Yorkie back in the saddle after the summer....no offense to anyone who filled in during the Summer Scratches, but any of you can relate to this....you get used to working with people that you see on a daily basis....you know their ticks and tendencies and eventually you just get into a routine....

So, we're back and the first day was nothing different than last year.....Yorkie has his different requests for random music, whether it would be 80's hair metal or his request today, "I Gotta Feeling", the latest track by the Black Eyed Peas....I just shook my head in disgust....Can I go anywhere without hearing that song? Just sooo overplayed at this point....

Lloydie and I decided to trump him and surprise him at the same by finding a couple classic Yorkie "D'oh!" moments and combining that with a little Mmmbop by Hanson....pretty ridiculous....That song has been out for over a decade now and it still shakes my head to this day that it was such a hit....

The best thing about the video was the fact that no one had ever seen the boys before, and one kid in particular looks like a girl, so I'm sure I'm not the only one that caught a friend saying, "That one chick on the keyboard is pretty good looking...." only to reply with, "Hey dude, that's a dude...." LOL

Good to see all the e-mails and receive all the calls from the listeners welcoming us back after a summer away.....it really is appreciated and it only makes us that much more excited to go at it again for another year....it's definitely better than the "Stay Away" and "Who asked you to come back?" e-mails that we could have received.... :-)

And of course, our first call of the new season had to come from Sleeptoid and the subsequent hate mail that comes with every call.....Sean's e-mail cracked me up.....the best thing you could do for your e-mails to be read would be to make them short, to the point and entertaining....and this hits all three criteria for the boys....

Um, no Jeff, he's not making it up, we can't f-ing stand you.

Thanks,

The World


As I said last night, I've got my fantasy football draft tonight with first pick (Adrian Peterson) and I've got my Marshawn Lynch jersey on as we speak.....I got a few looks walking around downtown this afternoon with lapper in tow since most people around there at noon are out in their suits and dress shirts as they pour out of their government buildings for lunch.....

But as I head to Vegas tomorrow night, I quickly realized as I put the jersey on this morning that I'll be putting on this jersey possibly three more times this week....Thursday night for the NFL opener, Saturday for working at the World Championships of Fantasy Football at the MGM Grand and Sunday all-day for the true starting day for the NFL season....definitely will need a wash once I get back next week.....

I've had a few problems with the audio aspect of the blog, but I think I have everything settled and I will test it out tonight by doing a quick synopsis of my fantasy team through my personal mp3 recorder....i'll try not to make it too dry for you guys, but let me know if you have any problems with the file....

Talk to you later tonight!