Just a drunken mess....drink-by-drink replay....

So, we had our fantasy football draft last night.....let’s just say I went a little overboard when it came to the drinking aspect of the event and made a complete ass of myself, not only by being drunk and belligerent, but also making a grave error in the picking of my team...I’ve decided that I’ll break it down on a drink-by-drink basis...

Drink 1: After the show, met up with my good friend Jeremy and we headed down to the bar for a quick couple of pints since we had about 45 minutes to kill....Drink 1 consists of the small chit-chat that you would have with a good friend that you would see on a regular basis, the “How was your day?”/”How was work?”....nothing too exciting.....

Drink 2: I noticed that we downed the first one pretty fast.... I catch myself sometimes trying to keep pace with someone drinking faster than me...I’m not sure why I do it, but it comes back to bite me most of the time... Jeremy then admits that he’s already had 3 and is hitting a good stride....We get the call for our ride, so we have to chug it back or leave it behind....who ever chooses the second option?

Drink 3: Get over to Dirty’s place for the draft, everyone is decked out ....To go with my Marshawn Lynch jersey, we have Willis McGehee, LaDainian Tomlinson, Rich Gannon, Fran Tarkenton, Jerry Rice, Jerome Bettis, a Denver Bronco, a Dallas Cowboy, a Miami Dolphin and 2 Reggie Whites all sitting at the table...I know I’m taking AP first overall, so I have another beer to celebrate picking first

Drink 4: I proudly select Adrian Peterson and had the hindsight to make sure to specify that I wanted the Adrian Peterson from the Minnesota Vikings.....or else someone would have made the joke, “Adrian Peterson from the Chicago Bears, it is!”...Do everyone a favour and punch that guy.... Dirty remembers to go over the ground rules and remind us that the draft is 21 rounds....I’m gonna need another beer

Drink 5: The problem with picking 1st overall in a 12-team league with a snake draft is that you’re gonna be stuck waiting until pick 24 and 25....so lots of down time to have more beer and razz other people’s picks, but I’m delighted to get Steve Smith and Calvin Johnson at 24 and 25....I decide to toast myself with another beer....

Drink 6: At this point, I realize that any more drinks could be more of a hinderance to the picking of my team, so I try and slow the pace down a little bit....but I still have enough alcohol in me to pick Lendale White and attempt to do his touchdown dance at the same time....Someone then suggests I have another beer....sounds like a pretty good idea to me....

Drink 7: My memory is down the tube at this point, so for whatever reason, my brain was tricked into thinking it had taken a QB like Phillip Rivers or someone of that caliber and by picking Brady Quinn as my number two, I was golden....turns out I had never taken a QB in the first place and in a league where two QB’s start, I had Brady Quinn and that was it....it was one collective laugh from everyone at the table as I scratched my head to try and have this all sorted out in my brain....With my tail between my legs, I had to take Kerry Collins as my number 2 QB....I need a beer...

Drink 8: This one is spent outside as I stew on the pooldeck still trying to work out how I could have possibly forgot about the QB position....I guess 7 beers will do it and 7 beers also allowed me to pick 7 RB’s and 5 WR’s in a league where a max of 3 RB’s and 3 WR’s can start....I instruct the Bear to pick my defensive players and kickers for me since I had no interest in picking anything at that point....

So, I wake up in a groggy state this morning as I prepare to be groggy for the next week....I start the Vegas trip right after work.....head down to Syracuse tonight since we fly out of there first tomorrow morning, then it’s 5 days and 4 nights of fun at the MGM Grand!

I finally had a chance to go over my fantasy roster, so the audio file is there.....cross my fingers there are no problems this time! Plus, just talked to Tony Moss for about 20 minutes today to talk about the NFL, division-by-division, so I'll have that up in a couple of minutes....

http://www.box.net/shared/699jzr4bd6