Just some random thoughts....

Nothing huge really bugging me as I relax on the couch on a Saturday afternoon....but as I sit here trying to decide what sports I wanna watch, I'm actually stuck on a show called "Bully Beatdown" on MTV....At 27, I really shouldn't be watching something like MTV for hours at a time, but I can't get away from this show....

The premise is that a person who is being bullied gets his bully to come on the show to prove himself against an MMA fighter in 2 3-minute rounds....if the bully does well, he makes money, but if the MMA fighter can make him tap or knock him out, then the money goes to the bully's victim....however, the bully always get his ass handed to him in embarassing fashion....



Just watching a hotheaded bully getting owned by some of the top fighters in the world is just hilarious.....it's just so unfair....a fat guy vs. former UFC heavyweight champion Andrei Arlovski or a bodybuilder vs. the EliteXC Welterweight Champion Jake Shields....I've actually just watched 3 hours of this in a row....just awesome!

Anyways, there are a couple of little things that are bugging me....first off, does anyone actually care about the Presidents Cup? I'm on tsn.ca right now and I see that they have the score for the tournament there, but I don't even have the time to look....and yet, NBC has 10 straight hours of coverage of golf today...

I guess enough people are watching this in order to warrant having so many hours in a row, but I question whether or not Americans really would care if their squad were to lose to the Internationals....maybe with time, the event can grow to get close to the status that the Ryder Cup enjoys, but for now, it's nowhere near that....

Another thing that's bugging me is how there is no playoff baseball on a Saturday afternoon....are you kidding me? I know that college football is huge on Saturday afternoons, but really, if baseball is as strong as MLB likes to suggest, it would not be afraid of putting one of their games on against a strong 3:30 college football matchup....

Speaking of baseball, we've had some great games in the first couple of days of the playoffs, including a huge one in New York last night with A-Rod coming up big on two seperate occassions and then Mark Teixeira hitting the walk-off in extras as the Yanks were able to take out the Twins for a second straight game....

A lot of people don't have any time in the world for Alex Rodriguez 'cause of his attitude and off-the-field persona and I get that, but at the same time, I feel so bad for him 'cause he has to deal with so much expectation with the contract that he signed so long ago...whatever he does, it will never be enough for Yankees fans....

But for at least one night, he had the chance to be the man in New York and get the full cheer from all Yankees fans....I'm curious to see how Yankees fans are looking at him today, but I still get the sense that some fans will still hate on him even with last night's effort and will never forgive him for his troubles in the playoffs in past years....

Well, I guess if I want to watch the Sens and Thrashers tonight, I'm gonna have to go down to Scotiabank Place since there's no TV coverage of the game at all....not even on the centre ice package....but I think I'll just chill at a bar somewhere and watch the Leafs/Pens instead....I'll put my NFL picks tomorrow....have fun tonight!