Paper Plates?!? Are you kidding me? LOL

I'm never going to pretend like I'm a food critic or someone that only accepts fine dining when it comes to choosing a restaurant....hell, I would follow up a 100 dollar steak with a little McFlurry action if necessary, but I just had to tell this restaurant experience 'cause it was just so ridiculous....

So, as most of you would know, I celebrate my birthday a little different than anyone else....most go out one night for their birthday, whether it's the day itself or on another one close to it....well, for those who don't know, I like to celebrate "Birthday Week"...a week full of partying and going out to different places....

My roommate, Paul, decided to take me out to a restaurant around where we live because he had heard good things about another location that is run by the same people in another part of the city....at this point, I just want to let you know that I will not name the restaurant 'cause I don't need any extra trouble in my life....I get into enough on my own!

Anyways, so we meet up and walk in....the first thing we see a spread of about 20 different choices in a buffet-style....for a smaller place, it wasn't great, but it wasn't bad either....but there was no other people in the restaurant, which was a bad sign, but then again, it was in an office building and it's past 5 o'clock, so that could be why....

So, we sat down at a table....when I'm at a buffet, I like to just sit and settle for a couple of minutes with a drink before going to eat....maybe it's just me, but that's my style....but the waitress just lets us sit there....she finally comes over and I think she's gonna ask us what we want to drink, but nope, she says that we can get food if we want....LOL

Then my drink mystery is finally solved when she says, "For you food, we have all of our paper plates at the top here and if you want to get a drink, we have our fountain area of soft drinks with plastic cups with each drink costing 1.50...so whenever you're ready, gentlemen..." Did I hear that right? HAHAHA

Did she just say paper plates and plastic cups? I quickly turn to my roommate trying to hold in my laughter as I ask him, "Is this a f***ing joke? I thought you told me this was supposed to be a good place to go....if I want to eat off of paper plates and use plastic cups, I'll head back to Buffalo and hang out at the tailgate!"

But he was seriously embarrased about it, so I went along with it and got some food....the ironic part is that the food was actually pretty good and something I would pay to have again, but I just couldn't get past the paper plates....Paul even got soup and they had no spoons, so he had to use a plastic spoon....LOL

So, Paul and I finish off our first plate....at this point, I don't know what the paper plate protocol is here...do I keep my plate and re-use it or do I leave it to the side of the table? So, we put both of our plates to the side and get a second plate of food....we finish that off too, but the waitress hasn't picked up the first set of plates....

Honestly, I could understand not coming over if the place was packed, but there's no one else in the restaurant, but she was too busy reading the newspaper and having dinner herself, so we decided to make paper plate mountain....we got to a total of 6 plates before we didn't want any more food and she still didn't come over to clear our plates....

That's when we realized that there's trash cans at the entrance of the restaurant, which would explain why the waitress....wait, should I even call her a waitress at this point? What does she even do?....anyways, it explains why she never came around to pick up our plates....so, all in all, my roommate took me to a cafeteria for my birthday....LOL

I've been to a lot of bad restaurants in the past, but this one was the worst/funniest I've been to ever....Someone pointed out that the restaurant could simply be a front as a "legitimate" business in order to be used for other illegal activities, but my thought was that this restaurant was sooooo bad that they are making it really obvious if that was their plan....

Alright, just settling onto the couch....I'm playing a good poker session as I write this, so I'm happy about that, then I'll be watching some Isles/Sens tonight as John Tavares makes his Canadian debut in an NHL uniform....I really like how the Isles are starting to shape up and build a good core that could be good in a few years....

I also have a couple of other options tonight (thank you Super Sports Pack!) as I can watch a bunch of different hockey games...of course, there's baseball playoffs, but something that sitting under the radar that could be a good game is the Nebraska/Missouri game....Bo Pellini is slowly building Nebraska back into a powerhouse in college football...

I also have a huge craving to just veg on the couch and play hours and hours of XBOX tonight....everyone and their mother is suggesting that I pick up the new NHL 10....I played it once and it was awesome, but I'm worried that if I pick it up, I won't do anything else for the next 6 months....so I haven't got it yet....:-)

Since I was bored, I was looking up "video game hockey" on youtube and this is what I came up with....enjoy!