Team 1200 Pool Goes Tonight!

First off, just had to get this off my chest....I'm sitting here watching lie detector tests on the Maury Povich show....some guy is trying to convince his girlfriend that he's not cheating on her with women that call him for midnight haircuts and he's also been caught in bed naked with another woman, but he claims that nothing was happening....REALLY?

I know that I shouldn't be expecting people with Einstein-level IQ's to be on the show, but come on.....it's just called common sense or some sort of intuition....but then again, why am I watching this? Does watching the show make me just as stupid as the people who are on it? I'm assuming most of you will say yes to that last question.... :-)

So, Team 1200 pool goes tonight....we have a full 25 guys in the pool, so I won't be picking tonight and I'm pretty glad about it....it's hard enough to worry about picking a team already, but then when you add the responsibility of keeping track of the picks of 24 other guys, that's just a little much....

The big debate of course is what is going to happen with the number one pick....so, would you take Ovechkin, Malkin or Crosby? This would have been an even bigger debate last week before the season started, but Ovechkin has been lights out for the first couple of games in defeats of Boston and Toronto....

Ovechkin has 3 goals and 3 assists so far in two games, while Crosby has netted 2 goals and an assist and Malkin has a goal and an assist....so I have to assume that Ovechkin will go number one....hard to question that decision considering how lights out the Caps have been this year....Backstrom and Semin should be going higher up people's lists as well...

But at the end of the day, if you're lucky enough to be in a draft and have one of the first three picks overall, you can't really go wrong with any of those big three players....at the end of the year, barring any major injury, the difference will be about 8-10 points between the three players....

I would be much more worried about the picks after number one....think about it, first overall won't be picking again until pick number 50 and 51, so a lot of very good players are going to be gone by the time it comes back to them....you just have to hope that some good players have been missed along the way....

By the way, I do realize that my picks for football were absolutely awful yesterday....nothing went right at all for me....the Lions were hanging in against the Bears after one half, but they forgot to bring back their offense for the second half...the Browns decided to wake up, but still do enough to lose....

Also, the Ravens defence didn't do enough against the Patriots yesterday....they disappeared during the middle of the game and left their offense to do too much at the end of the game....and the Bills....OH MY GOD! What kind of effort was that? Simply embarassing and that should make Dick Jauron's coaching seat that much hotter....

Hopefully I avoid the big donut tonight with my final pick of the Vikings over the Packers....but I do know one thing....there hasn't been this much anticipation for a Monday night game in a while....ever since NBC got Sunday Night Football, Monday Night Football has been shunted as the premier timeslot, but at least for one week, Monday Night rules again....

Enjoy the game!