Running a pool = TEDIOUS!

Just at home bobbing my head to the newest Jay-Z single, "Run This Town" featuring Rihanna and Kanye West....soooo good and I'm assuming that you'll be hearing it on a good percentage of football or basketball games on TV pretty soon....it's gonna be like "Let It Rock" by Kevin Rudolf or Kanye West with "Stronger" a couple years ago...



Anyways, 24 of us drafted our teams for the Team 1200 Hockey Pool last night at Local Heroes, including myself....To be honest, I really didn't want to be in it and I had thought I had planned it out so that I could just be the commish, but of course, you have people drop out the day of for whatever reason and all of a sudden, I'm picking a garbage team since I didn't prep for it....

There's better things that I could have done with that money....buy a couple drinks, buy a drink for that girl you always wanna talk to at the coffee shop, bet black/red at the roulette wheel....hell, even burning the money would have been a better investment in entertainment than what I got for investing in the team I chose....

So, here's my team of 12....keep in mind that it's a 24-team league with 12 players each and all we do in this pool is count goals and assists....it's as simple of a pool as you can join.....there's also no player movement at all, so that the team that you draft on October 5th is the one that's gonna count when we get to April....in no particular order...

Mike Cammalleri
Henrik Sedin
Mark Streit
Matt Stajan
Alexander Frolov
Kimmo Timonen
Alex Kovalev
Steve Ott
Ryan Suter
Colby Armstrong
Clarke MacArthur
Paul Gaustad

Maybe I'm totally wrong about my team, but I usually have a pretty good sense of where my team should stack against other teams, barring major injuries....which seem to happen to my fantasy rosters no matter what sport I have a league in....I just don't get a good feeling about this team and it's all due to lack of preparation...

Ah well, despite the pressure of trying to get 24 guys to pick 300 players in less than 3 hours, there were still some good laughs....The first 4-5 rounds actually went pretty fast because everyone has a sense of what the Top 100 players should do for you, but the fun gets to when we get past those 100 players...

All of a sudden, you have guys searching frantically for the one guy that everyone might have missed....you also have guys throwing in the towel because they just don't know (or care) who to choose anymore....and then you get outbursts over a guy taking David Moss as others were hoping that he would be there when it came for their turn to pick....

And then there was Yorkie....classic scatterbrained Yorkie....As much as I want to give away some of the Yorkie moments from last night, I'm gonna leave that to my boy, Lloydie, for the show this afternoon....as he said last night, the show basically writes itself for today after that performance....

I should mention something about the title of the entry....it is damn tedious to enter 300 players and 24 teams into a pool manager online.....it took me just under 3 hours to do that....my eyes were shot from having stared at my laptop for so long....it's bad enough that I have to look at no less than 4 computer screens at work every day....

Battle of Ontario resumes tonight and for Leafs fans, it will be the first chance to see "the Monster" in the net as Jonas Gustavsson gets the start in goal....I don't think it was so much Toskala's fault for a lot of the goals in the first two games, but I like the move....it might be able to kickstart the team to victory tonight....enjoy the game!