Gainey Steps Down...Still Doesn't Solve Goaltending Problem

Not too often that I can do all my research and still have time to blog in the morning...I'm feelin it! Better save some energy for the show

When it comes 2 the Habs shakeup, I still wonder whether the goaltending controversy between Price/Halak was part of why Gainey stepped down

It's no secret that Gainey loved Carey Price from the get-go, but it's also no secret that Jaroslav Halak has outplayed him the last 2 years

They have to trade one of them by March 3...just can't have a franchise, a fan-base and a locker room divided on who's your starting goalie!

Just on numbers, the Habs would want to keep Halak, but his better numbers give him much better value....Carey Price's value is 0 right now!

I would trade Price...Halak has proved that he deserves the spot...you just hope that Price doesn't come back to bite you with his next team