My Favourite E-Mails of the Day

I just love the feedback we get from the callers and e-mailers every day on SportsCall and there's been many a show where we had a ton of e-mails that we just couldn't get to...

With the e-mails hitting the 3-digit mark for two hours today, there's just no way that we could get to all of them, but I do read every single one and I wanted to highlight the 5 best we received at sportscall@team1200.com today...now, in no particluar order...

1) From Laine:

If Sens fans can spend as much time and energy complaining about Leafs fans on the radio for three hours, why can't they drown out the sound of booing when the captain touches the puck?

GO LEAFS GO.

2) From our good friend Man Stretch:

Ciao boys!

I still don't understand why people still cheer for another city's team. When was the last time any of the Leaf players did anything for this community? I'm sure if the Leafs win the cup, they'll have the parade here too. Hey, I cheered for the Leafs and the Habs when my city didn't have a team, but when the Sens arrived, I left the cheering of those teams to those cities. NO EXCUSES KIDS! Go Sens Go!

3) From Bill, President of the Anti Yes/No Faction

Franchise & Showkiller,

Do you think part of the problem of why more Leafs fans come out to cheer on their team is the way you guys portray this rivalry in the media? Steve Warne from TGOR has his Blue Team Elimination Watch and the "Leafs Suck" songs. When the Sens play in TO, it is just another game of 41 home games. Why not do the same thing here? When you pump up the opposition fans and challenge them, you can't be surprised when they come out and dominate the building and boo the captain.

4) From Janet:

It's sad to see many season ticket holders (normally wearing a Sens jersey) wearing a Toronto jersey and cheering for Toronto. My daughter and I were at the game last night and we cheered for Ottawa. But, I'm not interested in yelling my lungs out every time a certain player touches the puck. I like to cheer good plays, hard hits, goals, etc.

5) From Ross:

I was at the game last night and was disgusted by the way Alfie gets treated in his own rink.

TIP TO SENS FANS: When someone is booing your captain, don't stand up and cheer WHOO!! All It does is get drowned out and sound like boos. Instead, stand up in front of that Leaf fan who's booing behind you, obstruct their view and start clapping!

PS: It's pretty hard to boo the Leafs captain when they don't have one...