A Little Reminiscing: Part 2

Just did a nice drive around downtown with my parents on a beautiful Sunday afternoon and got to thinking about how bad those games were. As I looked at all the beautiful scenery (and trees and flowers too), I thought to myself, "You know, for all the games I played, there were some great ones! There were even ones that I would run to the arcade and spend a bunch of my parent's quarters on..."

Here are some of my favourite arcade games of all-time, then it's back to the hockey talk with a rundown of what I liked/disliked about the two hockey games today...

5) Golden Axe

I don't even know why I would load in so many quarters to play this game...Like I said before, I like playing sports games, but I would wait all weekend to run to the arcade to try and beat this game...



4) King of the Monsters

In retrospect, this was a pretty stupid game to waste putting in a truckload of quarters, but there was something about being Godzilla or a giant version of Captain America that made it so fun to play over and over again...



3) WWF Wrestlefest

I swear I have arthritis in my thumbs because of this game...even though I beat it over and over again, I would still play it 'cause it was so much fun. Combine the game with the fact that I would rush home on weekends to make sure I watch every wrestling show possible and wrestling was a huge part of my life as a kid...



2) NBA Jam

This game single-handedly made catchphrases like "He's heating up!", "He's on fire!" and "From downtown..." so popular. I was just so bummed when I couldn't use Jordan for the Bulls. Damn you Mike! I also loved how you could find so many hidden characters, boosts and mini-games...just awesome!



1) NFL Blitz

You know it's a good game when a friend of yours makes it a point of buying the real arcade version of it and setting it up at home. Good ol' Dan Legroulx (aka Dirt McGirt) actually has the original NFL Blitz and we play it from time to time when I go hang out there. So much fun!