What is it about racing?

I understand there were thousands of people in Ottawa today running half-marathons/full marathons and achieving life goals in the process...

But I must admit that around noon today while driving downtown, I was not having positive thoughts at all as I was stuck in terrible traffic

All I could think was, "Just wanna get out of traffic, mash my foot 2 the floor and have some fun!", but then I thought to myself, "Really?"

It seemed like such a neanderthal way to think...much like clubbing my prey and making it food while dragging my woman around by the hair...

Now I'm watching the Coca-Cola 600 as I watch 43 cars drive around in a circle as fast as possible and I'm enjoying it...again, I ask why...

I think I ask myself because so many people ask me why I like watching auto racing or NASCAR...it's like I'm on a lonely island or something

Again, the speed is such a rush for me even though I'm just watching from my couch...I love the idea of being able 2 go around at 200 mph...

I love the sound of engines roaring as they accelerate through the different gears or the purr as they slow down or lift out of the throttle

I don't know minor parts of a car or have a lick of knowledge of how to fix a car, but if someone does, I'm all ears and want to learn more!

Much like Rosalie owning 10-20 purses and thinking that it's a girl thing, I've just learned to accept loving cars and racing as a guy thing