Moving is Just Death

Hopefully a couple of people realized that I was not hosting Sportscall Wednesday as Matty K came in to fill in for me as I finished off a move into my place downtown.

I absolutely love the place and it’s going to be an amazing pad to sit back, relax and watch hours and hours of sports. But I will say this, I better not be moving for a long time...the last couple of weeks were a nice reminder that picking up and moving your life to somewhere else is a complete pain in the...I better not finish...

I certainly have a deeper appreciation now for the veteran/fringe NHL players that end up being an afterthought on so many teams and asked repeatedly to move from franchise to franchise. The guy that moves 10 times in 10 years has a little more appreciation from me today.

Thanks to my good buddy, “the Swiss Miss” Chris Wyss for helping me out with all the heavy lifting and of course, my babe, Rosalie for being there...no heavy lifting for my girlie, but she did an awesome job of just keeping guard...LOL

By the way, Chris doesn’t get the nickname because he’s girly in any sort of way...I just like how it rhymes...most people call him “the Bear” actually...but enough about nicknames...

A couple things that I re-learned as I moved the last couple of days...

1) IKEA furniture is still really difficult to put together despite the fact that they give you a step-by-step instruction booklet and handy Allen Keys. Christian and I had to go back a couple of steps at least four times because we had put in a board upside down or the wrong way...The worst part is that I laugh at that cartoon of the IKEA guy calling IKEA for help every time because I’m so confident that this will be the time that I put together a piece of IKEA furniture properly on the first try...problem is that I become so frustrated that calling IKEA becomes a viable option after a while...

2) The simple act of offering a delivery guy or hookup guy something to drink does wonders for the service you get. And I don’t ask just because I want better service...I ask because these people are doing hard work for me and I’m grateful for it. I managed to turn one delivery guy from being the epitome of surly to in a joking mood after just offering some water...hilarious!

3) People pack things for the new place that should really be going to the garbage or to a donation centre. The thing I’m focusing on the most here is clothing...I swear I moved about 5 bags worth of clothing when all my “go-to” clothes could have fit in only 2 bags. I’m determined to pick and choose way better and donate the rest that I don’t want.

It’s been a taxing couple of days and simply put, I’m just glad it’s over...