In Phoenix now....buh bye Cali!

Sorry I haven't updated in a couple of days, but it's been nothing but travel and more travel frustration, but I was able to squeeze in the Bay Area double....I'm just now in Phoenix and finally have a night to just hang out and relax a little bit....I've decided that I'm gonna do this entry in two parts...this part right now, then Part 2....I can only fit 4 photos in per entry, so I want to get photos from both Oakland and San Francisco.....

So, the last time I checked in, I was in Anaheim.....I tried as desperately as I could to find to find a good flight from Anaheim to Oakland, but unfortunately, there was nothing....there were a lot of options if I wanted to make two layovers somewhere and make it a 6-9 hour flight....really, does a flight that only takes an hour and a half need to have two layovers? Just ridiculous!

So, I had to leave Anaheim at 8:30 p.m. to get to Los Angeles for 9:30, then I had to wait 4 hours for another bus to take to me to Bakersfield to get me there at 4:30 a.m., then a train from Bakersfield to Oakland to get me to downtown Oakland by 11 a.m.....a cab ride later, I was at the stadium at about 11:30 or so.....but by far, the most grueling travel day I've had in the 43 days that I've been on the road....

Oakland-Alameda Coliseum is the second of three stadiums that are convertible and house more than one sport and the biggest problem with these stadiums is that they have to be generic in order to allow for easier conversion, so it shows in the overall outcome.....

As I joked about today on the show, the only positive is that the seats in the stadium reflect one of the colours of the A's....unlike in Miami where the seats are teal and orange because of the Dolphins....

But it's about 45 years old and the age of the stadium shows....it really reminded me a lot of Frank Clair stadium and I think we all know how the people of Ottawa think about that stadium....I'm really searching for other positives, but there's nothing that really pops out.....at least it was Dollar Hot Dog Day....but I had to adhere to the max of 10 hot dogs per purchase.... :-)

Oakland lost 6-1 to the Mariners in Game 1 and it was off to Game 2.....with more frustration.....