A lazy Saturday.....

Travelled from Toronto to Windsor yesterday in order to take in the Tigers game today....I'll let you know about Comerica Park and how the stadium ranks tomorrow....

I got up early yesterday in order to sneak in another visit to the Hockey Hall of Fame....if you've never been, it's a must-see and even if you have been before, it's updated so often that it's a place that you can go to over and over again and it will be different every time....you can tell that the players have an unbelievable respect for the place and the game itself because the artifcats that they are able to collect is tremendous....

Then it was off to Windsor by train and holy cow, it was just full of people heading to the Wings/Pens Game 5 at the Joe...I met a couple of people from Ottawa that were die-hard Wings fans that did the 9 hours on the train and paid god knows how much money just to see that game....but they were trumped by the couple that made the trek from Quebec City by train to make the game....that's about 13-14 hours on the train if I'm not mistaken....but I tip my cap to all of those people....they were jealous of my trip, but I was jealous of them getting to go to that game! I just don't have the money in the budget for that at this point....

Got here only to find that there are two seperate strikes happening in Windsor....there's a city strike so things like garbage pickup and general upkeep have not been happening for about 2 months....then there's a seperate taxi strike happening, so you have to rely on underground and scab taxis....it was shady, but luckily, Windsor only has 200 thousand people, so it's not like I have to pay a huge fare anyways....

Went out at night and figured out that I only really need to know two streets here....Ouellette St and Chatham....if you know those streets, you'll find yourself the bar or club that you want....for a smaller place, it's a pretty good party town.....everyone was in a pretty good mood too after a Wings beatdown of the Penguins....

That game was so one-sided and embarassing for the Penguins that I find it hard to believe that they'll be able to recover with a win in Game 6.....the one thing that came out of the third period that I was surprised about was the fact that the Penguins didn't go after Hossa for going through Garon and putting him into the boards....

Think about it, you're losing 5-0 and getting embarassed....your backup is in and is put into the boards unnecessarily.... hit by a guy who slapped you in the face by signing with the team you lost the Stanley Cup Finals to last year because he thought he had a better chance with them than you....Hossa doesn't have to pay a price for that? If I were a Penguins fan, I'd rather have them take a penalty for sending a message to him than a cheap elbow by Malkin or a bad slash by Crosby....

Alright.....off to watch Game 2 of the NBA Finals at Caesars than I'm off to Chicago tomorrow....