Wow! That Put Me Right on My Ass!

My apologies for not being able to get to the blog yesterday, but I was out of commission....I'm pretty convinced that I contracted swine flu or something related to it 'cause I couldn't do anything....I barely could make it out of bed just to go to the washroom or get myself some water or juice....

Luckily, I feel a lot better today, but still just hanging at home for another day....If I really wanted to push myself, I probably could have made it into work, but since we're in the last week of "summer hours" (as I like to call them), I might as well take advantage of it now while I can 'cause we're gonna get super-busy very soon with hockey season right around the corner....

It's funny 'cause I'm one of those lucky few people that get sick only about 2-3 times a year as opposed to those who are taking a sick day seemingly every week....if you work in an office, you can immediately think of someone right now.....you might be even able to look at them as you read this.... :-)

But when I get sick, it knocks me right out....It's like my immune system is the equivalent of a great boxing champion who still happens to have a suspect chin.....like a Lennox Lewis, my immune system is very difficult to hit hard, but once something does, it's usually out for the count....

But the human body is really an amazing piece of work.....as I was lying there in bed not capable of really doing anything except to think about these kind of things, you can tell the different stages that the body is going through in order to repair itself....most of them are not pleasant, but are necessary....

I was able to handle being on my laptop for a couple of hours yesterday.....the only difference was that I had no patience for reading anything sports-related....unfortunately, that's about 80-90 percent of my web-surfing right there.....so where do I go if I'm not gonna visit any sports websites?

Of course, it's all about youtube....and then you can just search to your hearts content.....Admittedly, most of the stuff I watched involved people falling down or generally hurting themselves, but really, except for x-rated videos, what other videos are you really going to watch?

Although, I ended up somehow watching WCW wrestling from 1995 where Hulk Hogan was taking on the Giant, but before their World championship match, they decide to prove their manhood in another way with....a monster truck challenge....Of course, why wait to fight each other when you can battle with monster trucks on a rooftop?



I remember watching this when I was 13 and I thought it was so cool....I was really into wrestling and I would get my mom to rush home from practice or games just to watch, but now that I watched it again yesterday, I couldn't believe what I was watching....it was just so stupid and pretty boring actually....

And then, the most ridiculous part.....Hogan ends up winning the truck battle, so of course, Giant is pissed and comes out to attack him by grabbing him by the throat....Giant pushes Hogan towards the edge of the rooftop.... but Hogan counters by waving Giant's arms away and the momentum forces the Giant to fall to its ultimate death (or so you think....) and that's the end of the clip....

I was freaked out when I saw that for the first time 14 years ago, but having watched that again yesterday, I was only slightly curious on how they explained a human being dropping off the rooftop of a skyscraper only to survive and be ready to wrestle....I saw how they explained it before, but my brain has since moved on, so that information is not available to me anymore....The problem is that I'm not curious enough to search for the answer....