Poor Latvia...

So, Canada wins 16-0 over Latvia...does a team like that really need to be in that tournament? Just a waste of time for everyone involved...

I'm sure they could have put a team of juniors just from Ottawa out there and it would have been a win against Latvia....it's just so unfair

Was newsworthy here for Canada to beat Latvia...checked a latvian paper online and nothing...sure it's also the same for the other countries

I'm all 4 enthusiastic fans, especially when cheering for the home team, but did the fans really need to wave their towels when it hit 16-0?

A "mercy rule" is needed so better teams don't have to keep scoring....not looking to end the game midway through, but cap goal differential

Kudos to TSN for trying to convince me during their pre-game show that the Latvians could actually compete with Canada...I wasn't fooled :-)

Kudos to Latvia for not losing their tempers...I'm quite sure I would have been looking to knock someone's head off in a beatdown like that!

Next game is against the mighty Swiss on Monday...I'm guessing if the Swiss hold Canada to single-digits, they'll be ok with that result...