He did it to himself...

I wish I could get into the minds of some people and figure out the thought process for people who find themselves in the news for stupidity

I also feel this way when it comes to public figures who continually lie for so long and suffer for it, only to admit their lies later on...

I wondered this after the Marion Jones confessions 2 years ago and I caught myself thinking the exact same thing this week with Floyd Landis

The reason they lied was the protect the reputations they had built by getting to the pinnacle of their respective sport through cheating...

But why continue the lies once the evidence is out there? Could it be arrogance and believing their star power will lift them above the law?

Or is it something deep inside in which they won't admit to the public because they haven't take the time to ever admit guilt to themselves?

For Landis, he lost his reputation as an athlete, several months fighting a fruitless battle, millions of bucks in legal fees and a marriage

That's a huge price 2 pay when he could have just admitted guilt right from the get go...say what you will about cheaters, it's still sad...