A very special day...

Mother's Day is a very special day because of how close I am with my mother, but few know what our family has been through in the last 5 yrs

I mentioned it during my trip last year when Mother's Day hit, but my mom has been dealing with advanced kidney disease for the last 5 years

In the 5 years, we've also learned that she's dealing with arthritis of the lungs, diabetes and a blood disorder...ugh, just 2 many problems

It's been tough to see my mom go from being strong as an ox to someone so devastated by the disease that she's dependent on constant oxygen

At the beginning, it was very difficult for me to deal with...I lost just about all my willingness to succeed in life...I was very depressed

My mother was in hospital every week and I couldn't handle seeing her suffer so much...thought if only I could transfer that pain over to me

It's true about different stages when dealing with something like this....going from denial/anger/depression and then finally just accepting

The time for me to finally accept was when my mom told me she had finally accepted death, so really, I had no choice but 2 accept as well...

So I made a promise...she worked so hard to help me achieve my goal, so I promised her that I would work even harder to make her proud of me

So, all that said, every Mother's Day that I can spend with my mom means another year that she's fought 4...that's why it's so special to me